[Corpora-List] A doubt concerning posting in Corpora Service.

WILLIAMS Geoffrey williams at univ-ubs.fr
Fri May 18 08:24:54 UTC 2012

Dear Juan Antonio,

For French, you might like to look at the following:

French Learner Language Oral Corpora at the University of Southampton:
http://www.flloc.soton.ac.uk

Parole Publique:
http://www.info.univ-tours.fr/~antoine/parole_publique/corpus.html

VALIBEL: http://www.uclouvain.be/valibel

I take it that you also know:

Cresti, E, Moneglia, M. (Eds.) (2005). C-ORAL ROM. Integrated Reference
Corpora for Spoken Romance Languages. Amsterdam and Philadelphia: John
Benjamins.

True, this is not free, but it does give access to a wide variety of
material.

Much more probably exists, but not all corpora can be freely made available.

Best

Geoffrey

Le 18/05/2012 00:30, Juan Antonio Sabariego a écrit :
> Dear members of CorporaList,
>
> Some member of the Universitat Pompeu Fabra pragmatics groups are
> working on a project about evidential and epistemic markers in five
> different languages, namely Spanish, Catalan, English, French and
> German. We would be very thankful if you could offer some help about
> the searching of oral conversational corpora in those five languages,
> already transcribed, for the purpose of our investigation. We have
> found some of them but they are quite limited for our investigation or
> we have to pay for them, we wanted first to have a look on the free
> versions. We guess you can draw a clear panorama of the situation of
> oral corpora in these three languages.
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Best regards,
>

> Juan Antonio Chica Sabariego
> Universitat Pompeu Fabra
>
> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM, Knut Hofland <Knut.Hofland at uni.no
> <mailto:Knut.Hofland at uni.no>> wrote:
>
>     If you want to post to the list, use the address corpora at uib.no
>     <mailto:corpora at uib.no>
>
>     Best regards
>     Knut Hofland
>     Listadm
>

>     On Tue, 15 May 2012, Juan Antonio Sabariego wrote:
>
>         Some members of the Universitat Pompeu Fabra pragmatics group
>         are working on a project about evidential and epistemic units
>         in five different languages,
>         namely Spanish, Catalan, English, French and German. We would
>         be much pleased if you could offer some help about oral
>         conversational corpora, already
>         transcribed, for the purpose of our investigation. I have
>         found some of them but they are quite limited for our
>         investigation or paying.  Thank you in
>         advance.

*
Professor Geoffrey WILLIAMS. MSc, PhD */
Director of Department for Document Management, Directeur du Département
d'Ingénierie du document
LiCoRN - HCTI. /
geoffrey.williams at univ-ubs.fr
tél. +33 (0)2 97 87 29 20 - fax. +33 (0)2 97 87 29 31
Faculté de Lettres Langues Sciences Humaines
et Sociales (LSHS)
4 rue Jean Zay
BP92113, 56321 LORIENT CEDEX
UNIVERSITÉ DE BRETAGNE-SUD