[Corpora-List] Fwd: looking for Hungarian Dictionaries

Stephen Grimes sgrimes at ldc.upenn.edu
Thu Apr 4 17:11:47 UTC 2013

Hi Montserrat Civit,

The most complete bilingual dictionary for English-Hungarian is the
Orszagh Nagyszotar available from the Hungarian Academy Press /
Akademiai Kiado.  Printed the dictionary takes two volumes and has
120,000 entries, but it is also available on CD.
http://akkrt.hu/325/szotar/angol/nagyszotar/angol_magyar_klasszikus_nagyszotar_net
There are also wordlists based on the Orszagh dictionary available on
the internet.

Other digital online dictionaries that are useful are the Sztaki dictionary
   http://szotar.sztaki.hu/english-hungarian
and the Hunglish parallel corpus search can be used like a dictionary
   http://www.hunglish.hu/
Morphologic also makes dictionaries and machine translation tools:
   http://www.webforditas.hu/dictionary.php

You might also be interested in the Hungarian-English parallel corpus
available from Linguistic Data Consortium:
http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/Catalog/catalogEntry.jsp?catalogId=LDC2008T01
Using this parallel corpus may give you maximum flexibility to engineer
a solution that works for your needs.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have further questions.

Best,
-Steve

--
Stephen Grimes, Ph.D.