[Corpora-List] intuitions about co-occurrence

marco baroni marco.baroni at unitn.it
Wed Apr 24 11:43:25 UTC 2013

Dear Corpora-ers,

Is anybody aware of experimental studies where researchers have looked
at whether subjects' explicit intuitions about the probability of
co-occurrence of two terms correlate with (functions of) the frequency
of co-occurrence of two terms in a corpus?

I am aware of studies correlating other psychological variables, such as
the degree of association of words in free association norms, with
corpus co-occurrence, but I was not able to find anything relevant to
the specific question I'm asking above.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Ciao,

Marco