[Corpora-List] how many subscribers are there on corpora-list?

John F Sowa sowa at bestweb.net
Wed Aug 21 18:29:34 UTC 2013

On 8/21/2013 1:55 PM, Robert A. Amsler wrote:
> There would seem to be several numbers involved.
>
> (1) The number of recipients of the Corpora emails.
> (2) The number of posters of Corpora emails
> (3) The number of responders (i.e., emails whose subject line says "Re:")
>
> (2) and (3) can be determined from the archives.
>
> One would anticipate there are a small number of responders, a larger
> number of posters, and the largest number for recipients.

That's a good suggestion for measures that are easily computable
from the archives.  Other possible measures:

   (4) The length of any thread resulting from a message.
   (5) Some estimate of approval or disapproval in the responses.

I'm sure that many subscribers to Corpora list have analyzed email.
Has anybody derived useful measures of impact from such analysis?

John