[Corpora-List] *BAAL 2013 - early bird deadline 15th July*

Dawn Knight dawn.knight at newcastle.ac.uk
Wed Jul 3 14:06:06 UTC 2013

46th Annual Meeting of the British Association for Applied Linguistics

Theme: 'Opening New Lines of Communication in Applied Linguistics'

Dates: 5-7 September 2013
Venue: Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh

Dear Colleagues,

Just to remind you that registration for BAAL 2013 is OPEN and can be accessed through the Heriot-Watt webpage: http://www.sml.hw.ac.uk/departments/languages-intercultural-studies/baal-2013.htm

Registration Fees
You will find full details of registration options at http://www.eazybook.com/inanyevent/registration/eb-event-1a.php?eventid=378 and on the conference webpage, including early-bird and student rates. The deadline for early bird fees is 15th July.

Please remember that if you are presenting at the conference you will need to be a BAAL member. You will find more information about how to join at http://www.baal.org.uk/joining.html

Accommodation

We have 150 single en-suite on-campus rooms at Heriot-Watt University for the 4th, 5th and 6th September. There is limited availability so we recommend you book as soon as possible if you wish to secure one of these rooms.

There is also a range of off-campus accommodation to suit a variety of needs and budgets. For your convenience, we recommend hotels located close to Haymarket. These are on a direct bus line (No. 25 Lothian Bus) to Heriot-Watt. From Haymarket you will be able to avail of a regular bus service (buses run every 10 minutes) to and from the university campus. The journey will take approximately 25 minutes. Edinburgh is a popular tourist attraction so early booking is recommended. If you need further assistance please contact lucy at inanyevent-uk.com<mailto:lucy at inanyevent-uk.com>

We are looking forward to welcoming you to Heriot-Watt in September,

Best Wishes,

Dr Dawn Knight
BAAL Meetings Secretary