[Corpora-List] V Object into V-ing

Mark Davies Mark_Davies at byu.edu
Wed Nov 20 12:30:20 UTC 2013

Chris,

Interesting synchronicity. About a month ago I sent off to a journal a synchronically-oriented paper on this, based on about 20,000 tokens from COCA, (BYU-)BNC, and GloWbE-US and GloWbE-UK. In addition, I'm just finishing up a diachronically-oriented paper based on another 5,600 tokens in COHA and TIME from the 1810s-1980s (supplemented by a bit of data from a 400 million word corpus from EEBO, 1500s-1600s), which I'll send off next week. Both papers are written from a Construction Grammar perspective, and are based on data with nearly 800 (!) different matrix verbs.

Feel free to contact me for more details.

Best,

Mark D.

Mark Davies
Professor of Linguistics / Brigham Young University
http://davies-linguistics.byu.edu/

** Corpus design and use // Linguistic databases **
** Historical linguistics // Language variation **
** English, Spanish, and Portuguese **