[Corpora-List] Faculty openings at the UT Austin School of Information

Matt Lease ml at ischool.utexas.edu
Wed Oct 2 17:20:34 UTC 2013

https://www.ischool.utexas.edu/faculty-opening

The School of Information at The University of Texas at Austin invites
applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position, anticipated
to start in Fall 2014. We are considering applicants at both the junior
and senior levels. Rank and salary will be commensurate with
qualifications and experience. Exceptional candidates may be considered
for an endowed professorship.

We only seek candidates with excellent research and teaching abilities
and a commitment to shaping the future of the school and the discipline
of information studies. We welcome applications from candidates who can
enhance our offerings in any area of information studies, but we
particularly welcome applications in the areas of:

* data analytics
* human-computer interaction
* archival studies

Technically oriented applicants with strong project evaluation skills
and deep knowledge of relevant psychological, social, and cultural
theories are of particular interest. Archival studies scholars with
interdisciplinary interests in both digital and paper materials, and who
possess the ability to offer new perspectives on archival study, are
especially encouraged to apply.

Candidates must hold a doctorate degree in a field that is relevant to
their area of research and be able to articulate clearly in their
application materials a research agenda that fits within the School's
core areas of focus.

Our school is a unique mix of interdisciplinary expertise and our
program is continually ranked among the top ten nationally in
information studies. Admission to our graduate-only degree programs is
highly competitive. Our students are high academic achievers, many of
them with undergraduate majors in the humanities or social sciences.
With over 20 faculty members and lecturers, the School is home to
approximately 300 graduate students. We offer a Masters and Ph.D. degree
in Information Studies, multiple joint-degrees with academic programs on
campus, and will be launching new joint degree programs with Computer
Science and with English in the near future.  The School moved into new
facilities in 2009 with extended labs and class space, and offers
cutting-edge research and education on the human, social, and cultural
aspects of information, broadly construed. You can find out more about
our school at www.ischool.utexas.edu.

Application Deadline

Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but we will
begin to evaluate applications and invite candidates on November 1,
2013. Send inquiries and applications, including curriculum vitae, a
statement outlining how you see a fit with our program, and the names of
and contact information for three references by email to:
facultysearch at ischool.utexas.edu

--
Matt Lease
Assistant Professor