[Corpora-List] Conference Proceedings on Youtube or Other Online Media

Krishnamurthy, Ramesh r.krishnamurthy at aston.ac.uk
Thu Oct 10 10:34:22 UTC 2013

Hi Muhammad

Many talks are already uploaded on youtube, but perhaps not very
systematically, and usually not every presentation from a particular
conference or workshop.

At Aston University, I did try to upload as many of our Aston Corpus
symposium/conference presentations as possible, and materials
from our summer schools. Please see
http://acorn.aston.ac.uk/symposium.html
http://acorn.aston.ac.uk/postgraduate_conference.html
http://acorn.aston.ac.uk/SummerSchool.html

Of course, apart from cost/effort, an additional problem is that the
conference organiser needs to obtain permission from each
speaker/presenter to a) record and b) to publicly distribute
their talks/presentations.

Individual speakers/presenters may also upload their own talks/presentations
to their own websites, or their institutional websites.

However, I feel sure that the practice of online distribution will increase.
There is also the development of MOOCs etc which will increase the amount
of online materials available.

best
Ramesh
---------