[Corpora-List] Conference Proceedings on Youtube or Other Online Media

Matthew Purver m.purver at qmul.ac.uk
Thu Oct 10 12:18:02 UTC 2013

Johns Hopkins CLSP put their seminars and workshops online too:

http://vimeo.com/clsp/videos

On 10/10/2013 07:10, Grzegorz Chrupała wrote:
> Hey Muhammad,
> This is now routinely done for ICML (http://techtalks.tv/icml/2013/)
> and will hopefully be increasingly adopted by the ACL conferences.
> --
>
> Grzegorz Chrupała
> Communication and Information Sciences
> Tilburg University
> PO Box 90153
> 5000 LE Tilburg
> The Netherlands
>
> Web: grzegorz.chrupala.me
> Phone: +31 13 466 3106
> Email: g.chrupala at uvt.nl
>
> On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Muhammad Shakir Aziz
> <true.friend2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear Corpora Members
>> Being a student of linguistics and a member of this mailing list, I receive
>> a number of conference calls and announcements every week. These conferences
>> are free as well as paid. Now that Internet and communication (specially
>> media like Youtube) are so popular and cheap, I was wondering whether it is
>> possible to provide conference proceedings (key speakers' addresses etc.)
>> online. The idea must have been there in other minds and I might be ignorant
>> of appropriate website(s)/ link(s) where some of such (video/ audio)
>> proceedings are available.
>> If this becomes possible (at least for free workshops, conferences etc.), I
>> think it would be a great help for linguistics students and researchers from
>> less developed countries who cannot travel to destinations world wide but
>> still feel motivation to listen to key figures speaking at such events.
>> Regards
>>
>> --
>> Muhammad Shakir Aziz محمد شاکر عزیز
>> Master in English Linguistics
>> Translator, Course Developer, Linguist for Urdu, Punjabi and English
>> Urdu:- http://awaz-e-dost.blogspot.com/
>> English:- http://linguisticslearner.blogspot.com/
>> Facebook:- http://www.facebook.com/truefriend2004
>> Skype:- true_friend2004

Matthew Purver - http://www.eecs.qmul.ac.uk/~mpurver/

Senior Lecturer / Postgraduate Admissions Tutor

Cognitive Science Research Group
School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
Queen Mary, University of London, London E1 4NS, UK