[Corpora-List] New app from UCL

Aarts, Bas b.aarts at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Oct 11 10:14:59 UTC 2013

Dear colleagues,

Please find below an announcement for a new corpus-based app aimed at helping your students with their essays and other writing assignments. We hope you will bring it to their attention. It is not a substitute for mentoring, but it is an additional source of advice, available 'on the go'. We would be grateful if you could encourage your students to use it.

Feedback on the app is very welcome.

Apologies for cross-posting.

Regards,

Bas

Bas Aarts
UCL
Gower Street
London WC1E 6BT
Tel.: 020 7679 3130

----------------
Now available: a brand new app for smartphones and tablets: Academic Writing in English (AWE), available for FREE from the Apple App Store and from Google Play.

AWE is a complete course designed  to help you improve your academic writing assignments, such as:

-class essays
-exam essays
-experimental reports
-scientific essays
-dissertations
-academic articles

AWE includes:

-an in-depth self-learning course covering the entire creative process of academic writing
-interactive exercises that help you learn
-checklists for reviewing your critical thinking, your arguments and your essay as a whole
-an extensive glossary of important terms

AWE also provides easy tips for avoiding plagiarism, conducting research, thinking critically, making strong arguments and presenting your work well.

Coming soon (also FREE): English Spelling and Punctuation (ESP).

Already available (in a free and paid version): the interactive Grammar of English (iGE).

For more information, see:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/english-usage/apps/

Like us on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/ucl.awe