[Corpora-List] sports-related resources / corpora

Diana McCarthy diana at dianamccarthy.co.uk
Thu Sep 5 09:32:16 UTC 2013

Hi William

you may be interested in the Reuters corpus which has documents marked
up with various topic codes including sports

Tony Rose, Mark Stevenson, Miles Whitehead: The Reuters Corpus Volume 1
-from Yesterday's News to Tomorrow's Language Resources. LREC 2002

We manually annotated a small subset of sentences from both the sports
and finance documents of this corpus using WordNet  senses. The data is
described in:

Rob Koeling, Diana McCarthy, and John Carroll (2005) Domain-Specific
Sense Distributions and Predominant Sense Acquisition. In Proceedings of
the Human Language Technology Conference and Conference on Empirical
Methods in Natural Language Processing. HLT/EMNLP 2005 pp 419-426

and the data is available for download at
http://www.dianamccarthy.co.uk/downloads/hlt2005releasev2.tgz

best wishes

Diana