[Corpora-List] WordNet vs Ontology

Obrst, Leo J. lobrst at mitre.org
Wed Aug 6 23:37:18 UTC 2014

Yes, VerbNet is a very good lexical resource. You should also look at Lemon and Core-Lex, other very useful resources developed by Paul Buitelaar and colleagues: http://paulbuitelaar.net/.

Thanks,
Leo

From: corpora-bounces at uib.no [mailto:corpora-bounces at uib.no] On Behalf Of Rich Cooper
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2014 7:02 PM
To: 'Jim Fidelholtz'
Cc: 'CORPORA discussion forum'
Subject: Re: [Corpora-List] WordNet vs Ontology

Now that I remember it, I once pulled the verbs out of the WordNet prolog files, which are perfect for that kind of extraction.  It gives some info about the verb signatures, though nothing Lego-like that can restrict the parameters by type and by permissions, perhaps with constraints on assigning values.

Has anyone seen Verb extraction elsewhere for WordNet or VerbNet?

-Rich

Sincerely,
Rich Cooper
EnglishLogicKernel.com