[Corpora-List] phrase alignment

Saeed Farzi saeedfarzi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 14:25:15 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I have a question about finding the best  phrase alignments.
The alignments are used by  MOSES during the decoding phrase.

 I have a  pair parallel sentences ( a source / a target).  I need the best
phrase alignment between the source and target sentences.  The best
phrase alignment is a alignment that MOSES is used to translate the source
sentence to the target sentence.

Let me use an example to explain what i want.
Example:
 I have a pair sentence:
Source : I  go to the home
Target  : man be khaneh miravam (in farsi)

I need the following alignment:

The Best alignment : [I-->man] [to the --> beh] [home-->khaneh] [ go -->
miravam]
the result includes two sort of information

1- the best segments
2- the best alignment

We can use MOSES for extracting the alignments when using training
sentences as input sentence of the MOses's decoder. But there is problem.
The output of the decoder is not exactly same as the target sentence.

I know that the giza++ is used for word alignments. I need a solution for
phrase alignments.
Tnx
--
           S.Farzi, Ph.D. Student