[Corpora-List] Job Offering Full-time PhD / Postdoc

Erik Fäßler erik.faessler at uni-jena.de
Wed Jun 4 08:13:43 UTC 2014

Job Advertisement

Semantic Text Analytics

Jena University Language & Information Engineering (JULIE) Lab @ Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena (Germany) is a strong international player in the fields of natural language processing and human language technology, with focus on text analytics and knowledge management for the life sciences.

Due to extensive funding from prestigious international and national research agencies we will boost our activities in 2014 and, therefore, invite applications for positions at the junior level of research assistants (PhD students, with Master’s degree) and at the senior level (PostDocs). Our major areas of work lie in applied areas such as

text analytics, with focus on information extraction, text mining, and text classification
information retrieval, semantic search engines and interactive search interfaces
ontology engineering and terminology management, including computational lexicology

These applications are primarily rooted in two methodological paradigms, namely

empirical NLP, with focus on its statistical and machine learning foundations, and
semantic technologies, with focus on ontologies and other Semantic Web techniques

Job Profile:

Candidates will be expected to have a solid educational background in the theoretical, statistical and empirical foundations of NLP or in the theoretical and practical underpinnings of semantic technologies, typically acquired from studies in computer science, computational linguistics or information science. JAVA programming or software engineering skills are highly appreciated. Domain knowledge in the life sciences would be another asset (though not mandatory).

Candidates should strive for international visibility and combine individual scientific excellence with strong team-playing capabilities. All positions are full-time (TV-L 13 on the German pay scale, approximately 40,000 to 45,000 € p.a.) and can be filled immediately or remain open until filled.

Applicants are kindly asked to send their complete application material or inquiries related to the vacancies, in electronic form only, to the Head of JULIE Lab, Prof. Dr. Udo Hahn (udo.hahn at uni-jena.de). For information concerning JULIE Lab please visit our Web site at http://www.julielab.de .
Please quote reference “JULIE Lab Jobs 2014-1” on all correspondence.