[Corpora-List] Arabic and other Semitic phoneme modeling

Hamed Al-Suhli hamed at e3rab.com
Mon May 19 14:33:05 UTC 2014

Hello all,
I'm working on digital model for Arabic phonemes, to include all accent and
sub-languages of contemporary Arabic I have to include Semitic languages as
these non standard Arabic phonemes came from other Semitic mostly.
I couldn't find full comprehensive research about Semitic, although in
Arabic there is one research from KACST by Dr.M.Ghamdi "Arabic phonetics"
and other research for Quran by Dr.A.Swied "illustrative Tajweed" aimed to
teach reciting Quran.

Of course Semitic phonemes should be all studied at IPA and articulatory
phonetics now but they are scattered and I didn't find collection of them
alone.

The model I suggest categorize all phoneme physical characteristics
depending on articulation studies so the morphological-phoneme relation
could be studdied which is very important at Semitic languages.

--
Hamed Al-Suhli| حامد السحلي
0060192432795 0060351614510
Google talk: hamed at e3rab.com
Skype: hamed.fcs
C-3-23A, Perdana Villa, Jalan Temenggung 19, 41200, Klang, Selangor,
Malaysia