[Corpora-List] [Call or Participation] QTLaunchPad Workshop on Quality Translation at EAMT 2014

Ankit K. Srivastava asrivastava at computing.dcu.ie
Fri May 30 11:53:21 UTC 2014

(apologies for cross-posting)

*Quality Translation: Where Are We Now, and Where Are We Going?*
http://www.qt21.eu/launchpad/content/eamt2014
Sunday 15th June 2014 in Dubrovnik Croatia

Workshop at the 17th Annual Conference of the European Association for
Machine Translation (EAMT) 2014

ABOUT QTLAUNCHPAD
====================
QTLaunchPad [http://www.qt21.eu/launchpad/] is a European Commission-funded
project which is preparing a large-scale research and innovation initiative
focusing on quality translation technology for the 21st century. This
effort is of interest to the whole MT community, and it involves a variety
of stakeholders, including academics, researchers, technology developers
and integrators, translation buyers, professional translators and language
service providers.

QTLaunchPad has developed tools and resources to drive forward the fight
against MT quality barriers, such as the Multidimensional Quality Metrics
(MQM, a new shared and flexible paradigm for human and machine translation
quality evaluation and annotation), QuEst (an open-source tool for MT
quality estimation) and DELiC4MT (an open-source toolkit for diagnostic MT
evaluation).

WORKSHOP AIMS
================
As part of the ongoing engagement and dissemination activities, QTLaunchPad
is organising a workshop supported by EAMT which will take place
immediately before the Seventeenth Annual EAMT Conference in Dubrovnik,
Croatia [http://hnk.ffzg.hr/eamt2014/] on Sunday 15th June 2014.

The main aims of this workshop are to present the tools and technologies
developed by QTLaunchPad, elicit feedback from (potential) users, and
discuss issues revolving around the central concern of quality translation,
so that we can exchange opinions on where we are now in this respect, and
discuss ways forward as to where we are (or should be) going next.

Special emphasis will be laid on predictive, diagnostic and semi-automatic
approaches to translation quality evaluation, exploring the possibilities
for bringing closer together the evaluation of human and machine
translation. The participants will have the opportunity to learn about the
innovative applications of the MQM, QuEst and DELiC4MT directly from the
researchers who have developed these tools within QTLaunchPad, in close
collaboration with representatives from the translation and localisation
industry.

The workshop programme includes talks given by high-profile speakers with
academic and industrial backgrounds, who will share their substantial
expertise on several key aspects of quality translation.

* Bogdan Babych (University of Leeds)
* Christian Federmann (Microsoft)
* Lucia Specia (University of Sheffield)
* Jost Zetzsche (International Writers' Group)

REGISTRATION
Participation is free, but workshop participants must register in advance
via the EAMT 2014 Conference website at
http://hnk.ffzg.hr/eamt2014/registration.html

For more information and talk abstracts, please visit
http://www.qt21.eu/launchpad/content/eamt2014