[Edling] Research Association positions in Multilingualism: Empowering Individuals, Transforming Societies, University of Cambridge

Hornberger, Nancy H. nancyh at upenn.edu
Thu Mar 24 16:08:30 UTC 2016

A number of Research Associate positions are available at the University of Cambridge in conjunction with the research project ‘Multilingualism: Empowering Individuals, Transforming Societies (MEITS)', funded by the AHRC under the Open World Research Initiative to promote modern languages in the UK. The project is led by the University of Cambridge (PI Wendy Ayres-Bennett), and comprises a team of 13 other Co-Is, 14 Post-doctoral researchers and 6 PhD students who will be based at the University of Cambridge and at the three partner universities, Edinburgh, Nottingham and  Queen's Belfast.

MEITS is an exciting multidisciplinary project, which includes 6 research strands which will explore multilingualism from a range of perspectives. The project has a number of key non-HEI partners and there is an important policy and public engagement dimension to the work. We expect candidates for the associateships to be open to exploring and developing new interdisciplinary approaches and, if necessary, to learn a new language.

On 3/24/16, 6:39 AM, "Historical Sociolinguistics Network (HiSoN) on behalf of Professor Wendy Bennett" <HISON at JISCMAIL.AC.UK on behalf of