[Gala-l] Book reviews - Journal of gender and language

Federica Formato federicaformato.ac at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 14:18:41 UTC 2020

Dear all,

I hope this email finds you well and safe.

As a book editor of the *Journal of Gender and Language, *I would like to
invite you to submit a review of one of the books listed below. However, if
you have read other titles, do not hesitate to contact me. We now accept
500-1000 word reviews which mostly focus on the contributions of terms,
findings, theoretical and analytical frameworks as well as on novel
elements and limitations/criticisms (if any) of the title under review.

Please send an expression of interest (100 words max) with an overview of
your research/scholarly interests and the title you want to review. I will
get back to you in 48 hours. Could I please ask those interested to email
me at *f.formato at brighton.ac.uk <f.formato at brighton.ac.uk>*?

This is the list of the titles:

   - Caldas-Coulthard, Carmen Rosa (Editor).2020. *Innovations and
   Challenges: Women,Language and Sexism*. Routledge
   https://www.routledge.com/Innovations-and-Challenges-Women-Language-and-Sexism/Caldas-Coulthard/p/book/9780367133726·

   - De Marco, Marcella,and Piero Toto. 2019. *Gender approaches in the
   translation classroom*. Cham, Switzerland: Palgrave Macmillan.
   https://www.palgrave.com/gb/book/9783030043896·
   - Farrugia, George.2018. *Grammatical Gender in Maltese*. Berlin,
   Boston: De Gruyter Mouton. doi:
   https://doi.org/10.1515/9783110612400.https://www.degruyter.com/view/title/539438?rskey=umiena&result=1·

   - Kjaran, Jón Ingvar and Sauntson, Helen(eds) 2019. *Schools as Queer
   Transformative Spaces: Global Narrativeson Sexualities and Genders*.
   London: Routledge.
   https://www.routledge.com/Schools-as-Queer-Transformative-Spaces-Global-Narratives-on-Sexualities/Kjaran-Sauntson/p/book/9781138493148·

   - Lane, Nikki. 2020.T*he Black Queer Work of Ratchet. Race, Gender,
   Sexuality, and the(Anti)Politics of Respectability*. Palgrave
   https://www.palgrave.com/gp/book/9783030233181·
   - Leap,William. 2020. *Language Before Stonewall. Language, Sexuality,
   History*. Palgrave.
   https://rd.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-33516-8·
   - Mackenzie, Jai. 2019. L*anguage, Gender andParenthood Online
   Negotiating Motherhood in Mumsnet Talk*. Routledge
   https://www.routledge.com/Language-Gender-and-Parenthood-Online-Negotiating-Motherhood-in-Mumsnet/Mackenzie/p/book/9781138506220·

   - Momoko Nakamura. 2017. *Gender, Language and Ideology: A Genealogy of
   Japanese Women’s Language*. Benjamins.
   https://benjamins.com/catalog/dapsac.58·
   - Mundy, Robert and Denny,Harry. 2020. G*ender, Sexuality, and the
   Cultural Politics of Men’s Identity Literacies of Masculinity*.
   Routledge
   https://www.routledge.com/Gender-Sexuality-and-the-Cultural-Politics-of-Mens-Identity-Literacies/Mundy-Denny/p/book/9780367149314·

   - O'Dwyer,Fergus. 2020. *Linguistic Variation and Social Practices of
   Normative Masculinity Authority and Multifunctional Humour in a Dublin
   Sports Club* –https://www.taylorfrancis.com/books/9781003014140
   - Shaw, Sylvia. 2020. *Women,Language and Politics*. Cambridge:
   Cambridge UniversityPress.doi:10.1017/9781139946636.013
   https://www.cambridge.org/core/books/women-language-and-politics/98A741CBDC83520ED11D8B7F82D3A1952020

I believe that publishers are now making available e-books rather than
physical copies.

Best wishes,

Federica Formato BA, MA, PhD

Senior Lecturer in Sociolinguistics, University of Brighton

https://research.brighton.ac.uk/en/persons/federica-formato

*http://federicaformato.wixsite.com/federicaformato
<http://federicaformato.wixsite.com/federicaformato>*