[Gala-l] IGALA ELECTION 2021 RESULTS

Claire Maree cmaree at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Sep 21 06:58:37 UTC 2021

Congratulations to the newly elected Executive Board!
I am very excited to be working with you all in the coming years.

Sincere thanks to Kristine for all of the behind the scenes work for the elections!

A massive thanks, too, to current IGALA Executive Board who have done an absolutely phenomenal job during these challenging times!

Kind regards,
Claire

______________________
Claire Maree (PhD)
Associate Professor & Reader | Asia Institute | University of Melbourne
Deputy Associate Dean Research Grants | Faculty of Arts  | University of Melbourne
Faculty Affiliate, Gender Studies Program  | Faculty of Arts | University of Melbourne

President, International Gender and Language Association (IGALA)
Review Editor (Culture, Gender and Sexuality) Asian Studies Review
Co-Coordinator,  International Network of Gender, Sexuality & Japanese Language Education (INGS-Japanese)

*New Publication*
queerqueen: Linguistic Excess in Japanese Media. (Oxford University Press, 2020)
*Publications from ARC-DP Project “30 years of talk”
Tanaka, Lidia, Kaori Okano, Ikuko Nakane, Claire Maree, Shimako Iwasaki, Chie Takagi. 2021. Japanese women’s speech through life-transitions (1989-2000): an analysis of youth language features. Journal of Linguistic Anthropology, 31 (1):  119-143. DOI: 10.1111/jola.12302

Pronouns: -/her/-

I acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land on which I work, and pay my respects to the Elders, past and present.
CRICOS: 00116K
 This email and any attachments may contain personal information or information that is otherwise confidential or the subject of copyright. Any use, disclosure or copying of any part of it is prohibited. The University does not warrant that this email or any attachments are free from viruses or defects. Please check any attachments for viruses and defects before opening them. If this email is received in error, please delete it and notify us by return email.