[IGALA] Election of IGALA Board Members extended until August 14

Troutman, Denise troutma1 at msu.edu
Mon Aug 7 18:40:28 UTC 2023

Dear IGALA Members,

Due to a minor technicality with IGALA memberships, the 2023 IGALA voting has been extended for one additional week, beginning today, August 7th, and ending Monday, August 14th.

Society membership runs on a calendar year from January to December. IGALA membership is included as part of your journal subscription and you will receive online access/print copies (depending on the sub type you choose) to all issues of the one volume which is active during your membership year, even if it is published after 31st December.

The voting procedure remains the same. Please navigate to https://www.genderandlanguage.com/elections-2023<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.genderandlanguage.com/elections-2023__;!!HXCxUKc!xQSszwsk6eAe3JnLKiseukmHVjPy78WyeM42PQk5v6YTQSyxMiqRTbIGyab6Vn8f28M4_AXBhsUm3Q$> to see the candidates and the available positions.

After you have read their bios and statements, please scroll to the bottom of the page, where you will find the link that will take you to the election ballot.

Each active member of IGALA can vote once. The name you use to vote will be compared to our membership records. We will report back to our membership during the week of August 14th with election results.

Thank you for your time and active participation!

Denise

Denise Troutman, Ph.D.
Michigan State University

President, International Gender and Language Association (IGALA)

Department of Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures
Department of Linguistics
troutma1 at msu.edu

434 Farm Lane, Room 282
East Lansing, MI 48824-1033
517-355-2400 (Office)
517-353-5250 (Fax)

Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of YAHWEH ELOHIM, and JESUS our LORD. 2 Peter 1:2 This is my perspective. Hope you share yours.

Please note:

I am not always immediately able or available to respond to emails; thus, my responses, at times, will be delayed.  Additionally, I am typically away from my email after 9 pm Monday through Friday and on weekends. Please note that emails sent outside of these times may not be immediately addressed.

Land Acknowledgment:

Michigan State University occupies the ancestral, traditional, and contemporary Lands of the Anishinaabeg – Three Fires Confederacy of Ojibwe, Odawa, and Potawatomi peoples. In particular, the University resides on Land ceded in the 1819 Treaty of Saginaw.​

Labor Acknowledgment:
The United States resides on Native Land and was built on the backs of kidnapped and enslaved Africans.