Court rules against Yup'ik as an historically written language ...

Susan Penfield susan.penfield at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 24 13:20:31 UTC 2008

So, the confusion persists at the expense of Yup'ik elders, on some level?
A "no-win" situation?
Does the notion of 'historially (un)written" in any way devalue (in a legal
sense)  the emerging literacy for Indigenous languages of the area?

Thanks for your insights,
S.