indoeuropean/hand

Thu Aug 12 16:55:49 UTC 1999

	According to my notes I got this from Giuliano and Larissa Bonfante
1983, and from Adolfo Zavarone 1996. The Bonfantes are about as reliable as
they come and Zavarone's book is well documented. I got the form from his
glossary but I haven't finished picking through all the chapters yet
because they're so detailed.

> <snip>

>For a Latin *ituare (does
>it exist? my dictionary is not large {?} enough to include it), it would
>seem to me that IE *ai-to-, 'portion', would provide a simpler source.

[snip]

Rick Mc Callister
W-1634
Mississippi University for Women