Colorado,Guadalupe etc.

Cristian Mocanu crismoc at smart.ro
Wed Apr 11 09:55:43 UTC 2001

          Just a wild guess, which, if there are any Spanish literary
historians among the list members, could be confirmed or not.

            Isn't it the case that "colorado" was used as a more "poetical"
synonym for "Rojo, bermejo etc., perhaps considered less elegant? Incidentally,
in the political history of various countries (not only Russia) we have the
more right-wing minded people grouping themselves in the "White Party" whereas
those at the left would be the "Red Party". Well, in Uruguay and Paraguay we
find "Pariido Blanco" vs. "Partido COLORADO". God bless,

Cristian

The address from which I am sending this message helps me to use my online time
effectively. However, please use only
	cristianmocanu at HOTMAIL.COM
when you are sending me a message. This would enable me to pick up your emails
wherever I am. Thank you!