'albeit'

Kreso Megyeral miskec4096 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 15 14:38:12 UTC 2001

I'm not sure whether it would be so important for the discussion, but it's
exactly today that I found in the Lonely planet's (!) Scandinavian and
Baltic Europe travel guide the following sentence:

This fast-track towards the west has left critics talking about Estonia
having sold its soul and continuing its historical tradition of foreign
dominance, ALBEIT in a sweeter package.

Presuming Lonely planet's guides are not made exclusively for English
speakers and that this one is published in 1999, it is again one of proofs
of it being quite alive word in English nowadays.