Search, Full Professor Developmental Psych

Ginny Mueller Gathercole pss116 at bangor.ac.uk
Fri Feb 21 10:42:19 UTC 2003

The School of Psychology at the University of Wales, Bangor - one of
Europe's leading psychology departments - is planning to fill seven
new tenure-track positions, at levels equivalent to Assistant,
Associate or Full Professor. The School, whose Centre for Cognitive
Neuroscience has an established patient panel for neurobehavioural
research and facilities for fMRI, ERP and MRI guided TMS, has an
outstanding record of success. In the most recent UK national
assessments we achieved the highest possible ratings for both
Research (5*A), and Teaching Quality ("Excellent"). With these
appointments we hope to strengthen our main areas of research
interest: Language, Learning and Development; Clinical and Health
Psychology; Perception, Attention and Motor Sciences; Experimental
Consumer Psychology (including Social Cognition), though we welcome
applications from any area of Psychology. The positions will include
a newly-established Professorship in Developmental Psychology:

Chair/Professor of Developmental Psychology (Reference Number: 03-2/146)
Salary Negotiable in Professorial Range

JOB DESCRIPTION

Duties:

 To take a lead role in advancing  the School's research and teaching in the
area of Developmental Psychology.

 To pursue a programme of original scientific research.

 To teach psychology at undergraduate and postgraduate levels with
the degree of professional application appropriate in a School
committed to excellence in teaching.

 To carry out additional duties as may from time to time be required
by the Head of School.

 To be answerable at the College Council through the Head of School
for the efficient performance of his/her duties.

 To pursue appropriate professional development opportunities.

  Required Attributes:

_	A doctoral degree.
_	A strong background in research in Developmental Psychology.
_	Appropriate teaching experience.

For information about these positions and the School, applicants are
advised to see our web-site http://www.psychology.bangor.ac.uk, and
to contact Professors Shapiro k.shapiro at bangor.ac.uk, Rafal
r.rafal at bangor.ac.uk, Vihman m.vihman at bangor.ac.uk, or Woods
b.woods at bangor.ac.uk.

Bangor is located on the coast near the mountains of North Wales,
offering stunning scenery as well as a clean and peaceful environment.

Application forms and further particulars must be obtained by
contacting Human Resources, University of Wales, Bangor, Gwynedd
LL57 2DG;  tel: +44(0)1248 382926/388132;  e-mail:
personnel at bangor.ac.uk

Closing date for applications: 7 April 2003

Committed To Equal Opportunities

--

Virginia C. Mueller Gathercole, Ph.D.
Reader

Ysgol Seicoleg                           	School of Psychology
Prifysgol Cymru, Bangor	                 	University of Wales, Bangor
Adeilad Brigantia 	 			The Brigantia Building
Ffordd Penrallt 				Penrallt Road
Bangor LL57 2AS					Bangor LL57 2AS
Cymru                                    	Wales
                         |      /\
                         |     /  \/\
Tel:  44 (0)1248 382624 |  /\/    \ \
Fax:  44 (0)1248 382599 | /  ======\=\