"Forum for Iberian Studies" -Oxford(UK)- junio'07

INFOLING mcruz at UB.EDU
Fri Mar 2 15:46:59 UTC 2007

--------------------      INFOLING        --------------------------
Lista de distribución de lingüí­stica del español (ISSN: 1576-3404)
http://elies.rediris.es/infoling/
Enví­o de información: infoling-request at listserv.rediris.es
EDITORES:
Carlos Subirats Rüggeberg, UAB <carlos.subirats at uab.es>
Mar Cruz Piñol, U. Barcelona <mcruz at ub.edu>
Eulalia de Bobes Soler, U. Abat Oliba-CEU <debobes1 at uao.es>
Equipo de edición: http://elies.rediris.es/infoling/editores.html
Estudios de Lingüí­stica del Español (ELiEs): http://elies.rediris.es
es una red temática de lingüística del español asociada a INFOLING.

© Infoling Barcelona (España), 2006. Reservados todos los derechos

"Forum for Iberian Studies"
QUEER, QUEERER, QUEEREST: EVOLVING GENDER IDENTITIES IN PORTUGAL AND SPAIN
Faculty of Medieval and Modern languages
Universidad de Oxford
1 y 2 de junio de 2007
http://www.mod-langs.ox.ac.uk/spanish/isforum/Call%20for%20Papers.htm
1st Call for Papers
Información remitida a Infolign por Laura Soler Gonzàlez

Over the last few decades, we have witnessed a shift in attitudes towards gender
identities. Spanish law in favour of gay marriage seems to be an epoch-making
event, but the history of roles and stereotypes is drawn and redrawn in a spiral
process. From the mediaeval Galician-Portuguese satires to Mário de Sá-Carneiro,
from Lúcia Facco's work to Cernuda, from Tirant lo Blanc to Terenci Moix, from
the linguistic strategies to name the otherness to the oxymoron between theory
and praxis in the Sección Feminina; the peninsular cultures have been sharing an
imagery as well as setting different ways of writing straight and writing queer.

We all have, indeed, come along way, have we? But how do these identities fit
into contemporary structures of power? How do they make themselves mainstream?
And do they lose anything in the process?

The XII edition of the Forum for Iberian Studies invites scholars to assess the
changes of gender identities within the context of Portuguese and Hispanic
Studies. We welcome contributions from areas such as gender studies, queer
theory, literary and cultural studies, media studies, anthropology, history,
(socio)linguistics, amongst others.

Papers can be submitted in English or any of the romance languages of the
Iberian peninsula. Proposals for 20-minute papers should include a title and an
abstract of about 300 words. Please mention any technical requirements and
include your name, affiliation and contact details.

Further information can be found at http://www.mod-langs.ox.ac.uk/spanish/
sites.php

Abstracts should be submitted by 31st of March to either of the following:

Carles Gutiérrez-Sanfeliú
Faculty of Medieval and Modern Languages Centre for Galician Studies
University of Oxford
47 Wellington Square
Oxford
OX1 2JF
+44 (0)1865 270479

carles.gutierrez-sanfeliu at mod-langs.ox.ac.uk

Maria Linheira
The Queen’s College
University of Oxford
Oxford
OX1 4AW
+44 (0)1865 279159

maria.linheira at queens.ox.ac.uk

Estudios de Lingüística del Español http://elies.rediris.es publica
obras especializadas sobre lingüística hispánica y ofrece una selección
de enlaces a publicaciones, diccionarios, bases de datos, etc.,  de
otros servidores.