[Lexicog] The influence of Shakespeare on the English language and of Luther on German

Margaret Marks margaret.marks at GMAIL.COM
Sun May 20 23:20:29 UTC 2007

I must admit that Linsengericht sounds better than a mess of pottage.

The scapegoat was apparently coined by Tyndale. I presume we can trust the
OED on that.

Regards and good night.

Margaret