[Lexicog] Re: Toolbox parsing bug

langwijmijij anggarrgoon at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 4 17:06:36 UTC 2012

Nick Thieberger suggested a solution (that the character was defined as a digraph in the language encodings and that was leading to problems). ny wasn't defined but ng was; removing ng solved the ny problem but has now led to ng- prefixes not showing up with their glosses, which is differently odd. This implies to me that there's something in the language encodings that isn't being parsed correctly.

I tried Fieldworks, but life is too short to wait more than 5 seconds for each parse (with an average of 5+ morphemes per verb, I can interlinearise by hand at more than double that speed). The parser is incredibly slow, even on a recent machine with ample memory. It also crashed frequently (took the best part of a day just to import the toolbox lexicon). And it still had most of the difficulties that toolbox has for this language (lenition causing many homophonous forms, significant variation in affix forms which are ameliorated by word formulas but not solved, etc).
Claire

    lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com