Chronicle article: Beware the language police

Christina Paulston paulston+ at pitt.edu
Fri Jul 11 14:28:41 UTC 2003

I was just being silly. Varför inte på svenska=why not in swedish - a plug
for my mother tongue.
Christina

----------
From: Alkistis Fleischer <fleischa at georgetown.edu>
To: lgpolicy-list at ccat.sas.upenn.edu
Subject: Re: Chronicle article: Beware the language police
Date: Thu, Jul 10, 2003, 4:26 PM

Greek-German (born and raised in Europe) to complicate things:-)
Because Stan's message was in Spanish. The article in question was about
Hispanics, and I think Stan assumed I wrote it and therefore wrote to me in
Spanish.

Best,
Alkistis

PS: What does "Varfør inte på svenska?" mean?