AW: CFP: FEL VIII: On the Margins of Nations: correction of e-mail

Steffen Obeling sobeling at smail.uni-koeln.de
Mon Mar 8 10:57:31 UTC 2004

Dear Trond Trosterud!

Maybe I can give you a first hint at the original quote in Yiddish by
Max Weinreich (1945) “A shprakh iz a diyalekt mit an armey un a flot”.
You will find it in the article "Der yivo un di problemen fun undzer
tsayt" in the periodical Yivo-bleter 25(1), 1945.

With best regards,

Yours, S.O.

Steffen Obeling

Romanisches Seminar