Program enlists Santa Ana parents as 'first teachers'

Anonby stan-sandy_anonby at sil.org
Tue Sep 21 16:47:42 UTC 2004

Interesting.  The "non-nons" sounds like that article on "semilinguals" in
Sweden.  The idea caught on very well among non-linguists.  I hear it a lot
here in Brazil to describe the speech of Indians who are shifting to
Portuguese, and I've heard it in Canada do describe Inuit who are shifting
to English.  But I thought subsequent research was never able to prove there
was any such thing as semilingualism.

Stan Anonby