Request for consult from ILA

kto2 at columbia.edu kto2 at columbia.edu
Thu Jun 14 17:46:45 UTC 2007

Dear Dr. Schiffman,

I met you last year when you gave a talk for the ILA in New York
City, and was wondering if I could ask for your help for next
year's ILA conference which I will be coordinating.

The topic is Language Planning and Language Policy; and I was
wondering if I could call you for your input on some of the recent
developments in Lang. Planning and Pol. around the world, as well
as some logistical questions like: Which weekends in April should
be avoided because of other conferences likely to be held on the
same topic.

If you would be willing to chat by telephone, I would be grateful.
My telephone is (212) 316-0998, but I will be glad to call you if
you would prefer.

Thank you in advance for your attention,
Kathleen O'Connor-Bater
ILA, Executive Board