Job: University of the Free State, RSA
hfsclpp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 15:44:57 UTC 2007
Vacancy Details: Lecturer-Researcher/Senior Lecturer-Researcher
Academic | Akademies
Faculty of the Humanities:
Unit for Language Management
Duties and responsibilities:
· Editor of the annual South African Language Rights Monitor and its
accompanying monthly South African Language Rights Bulletin.
· Liaison with funder(s) and other related role players with regard
to the above-mentioned.
· Dissemination and popularisation of the above-mentioned by means
of workshops, seminars, information sessions, media liaison, guides,
brochures, internet, etc.
· Related research (broadly in the field of language management,
language politics, language rights, etc.)
· Limited related teaching (mainly at postgraduate level) and
· Lecturer-Researcher MA (Linguistics/Language Studies)
· Senior Lecturer-Researcher: PhD (Linguistics/Language Studies)
· Proven research experience and accompanying publication record.
· International study background and liaison.
· Teaching experience at postgraduate level.
· Exceptional skills in Afrikaans as well as appropriate skills in
· Knowledge of Microsoft applications.
· Experience in statistical processing of data is a recommendation.
· Valid driver's licence.
Assumption of duties:
1 January 2008
19 October 2007
The salary scale is available on request. For further information, please
contact 051 401 9329/9339.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group
life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University
subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity
Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in
accordance with the principles of the aforementioned Act and the employee
profile of the specific department/division.
Please send your application to: The Director: Human Resources, University
of the Free State, George du Toit Building, Room 253, P.O. Box 339,
Bloemfontein, 9300, or fax no. 051 444 2145. All applications must be
accompanied by the following:
· A detailed curriculum vitae
· An abridged curriculum vitae (maximum two pages)
· Full details of three referees
· Certified copies of qualifications
Please indicate the post you are applying for on your application.
Prof. L.T. du Plessis
Eenheid vir Taalbestuur/Unit for Language Management
Universiteit van die Vrystaat/University of the Free State
Posbus/P.O. Box 339
Tel: +27 51-401 2405
Faks/Fax: +27 51-444 5804
E-pos/E-mail: dplesslt.hum at ufs.ac.za
University of the Free State: This message and its contents are subject to a
Please refer to http://www.ufs.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.
Universiteit van die Vrystaat:
Hierdie boodskap en sy inhoud is aan 'n vrywaringsklousule onderhewig.
Volledige besonderhede is by http://www.ufs.ac.za/vrywaring beskikbaar.
N.b.: Listing on the lgpolicy-list is merely intended as a service to its
and implies neither approval, confirmation nor agreement by the owner or
the list as to the veracity of a message's contents. Members who disagree
message are encouraged to post a rebuttal. (H. Schiffman, Moderator)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Lgpolicy-list