Sounds like Greek to me

Al Haraka alharaka at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 14:10:04 UTC 2008

Damien and Robert,

I am by no means an expert, with my last linguistics courses over a year
ago.

Nonetheless, I thought professors in sociolinguistics referred to this
subset as "linguistic topology."  I am not sure if it is an independent
field of study or a hobby among really esoteric linguists.  However, I
took a class with Arabic professors on Contrastive (Linguistic) Analysis
(or whatever fancy name they had doctored), and the discussion of
people's impressions on different dialects, the difficulty in learning
other languages, was studied under those respective headings.

I am not sure that helps.  Someone can correct me if they wish.

Regards,
_AJS