Sounds like Greek to me

Miriam E Ebsworth mee1 at nyu.edu
Fri Dec 12 16:43:34 UTC 2008

Dear AJS,

As I understand it the "psychotypology of languages" refers to inferred relationships among languages by often naive  individuals. I can see the intersection with folk linguistics as such perceptions are based on intuition rather than synchronic and diachronic analysis.

In a world where decisions regarding language learning are often made by politicians rather than scientists, this is an important discussion.

Best,
Miriam

Miriam Eisenstein Ebsworth, Ph.D.
<MEE1 at nyu.edu>
Director of Doctoral Programs in Multilingual Multicultural Studies
New York University,635 East Building
239 Greene St., New York, NY 10003