[lg policy] Lingu[i]stic Politeness Research Group: New Website

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 26 20:50:02 UTC 2009

Lingustic Politeness Research Group: New Website

The Linguistic Politeness Research Group was established in 1998 in order
to bring together researchers who were working on the analysis of
linguistic politeness and impoliteness.

We felt that there had been a significant change in the way that politeness
was analysed and that these theoretical changes made politeness a subject
which was of wider interest to linguists as a whole, and had implications
for research in many areas of linguistics.

Working in a post-Brown and Levinson model of politeness, we are all
attempting to develop new ways of theorising and analysing politeness and
impoliteness.

Please visit our new website to access our online resources:

http://research.shu.ac.uk/politeness/

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis; Pragmatics

http://linguistlist.org/issues/20/20-2294.html

Members who disagree with a message are encouraged to post a rebuttal.
(H. Schiffman, Moderator)