[lg policy] PhD. Programs

Weiner, Richard rweiner at FREDLAW.COM
Thu Mar 18 15:20:57 UTC 2010


HH:
 
Since you mentioned SUNY, I presume that you are in the United States.
If you are looking for a PhD program in LPP in the US, I would suggest
that you contact Professor Wiley at Arizona State University.  They have
one in their Applied Linguistics program and one in their Educational
Leadership and Policy program.  Outside the US, there are several
options.
 
Best regards,
 
Richard E. Weiner
Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
200 South Sixth Street, Suite 4000
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55402-1425
USA
Direct Dial: +1.612.492.7009
Main Phone: +1.612.492.7000
Fax: +1.612.492.7077
 

**This is a transmission from the law firm of Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
and may contain information which is privileged, confidential, and
protected by the attorney-client or attorney work product privileges. If
you are not the addressee, note that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If
you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and
notify us immediately at our telephone number +1.612.492.7000. The name
and biographical data provided above are for informational purposes only
and are not intended to be a signature or other indication of an intent
by the sender to authenticate the contents of this electronic message.**


________________________________

From: lgpolicy-list-bounces at groups.sas.upenn.edu
[mailto:lgpolicy-list-bounces at groups.sas.upenn.edu] On Behalf Of H H
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2010 10:07 AM
To: lgpolicy-list at groups.sas.upenn.edu
Subject: RE: [lg policy] PhD. Programs




  
I would have loved an  opportunity to continue my graduate studies in
LPP.  I was the only students in our Doctoral program that showed any
interest in LLP at SUNY.  There were no courses available to take, as
such, I stopped and I now would continue in a heart beat if I find
another university with LLP Doctoral program. Thanks for discussing this
topic. 





> From: A.F.Gupta at leeds.ac.uk
> To: lgpolicy-list at groups.sas.upenn.edu
> Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 00:07:27 +0000
> Subject: RE: [lg policy] PhD. Programs Send <javascript:;> 
> 
> I offer options in Language planning on our MA course and it is cross
listed with MAs in gender studies and in multicultural studies. I have
had some very interesting students taking the option, but never in large
numbers.
> 
> We are all hampered by structures, aren't we? Just think what sort of
a programme the language policy list could collectively offer. If only.
> 
> Anthea
> * * * * *
> Anthea Fraser Gupta (Dr)
> School of English, University of Leeds, LS2 9JT
>
<www.leeds.ac.uk/english/staff/afg<http://www.leeds.ac.uk/english/staff/
afg>>
> * * * * *
> 
> ________________________________
> From: lgpolicy-list-bounces at groups.sas.upenn.edu
[lgpolicy-list-bounces at groups.sas.upenn.edu] On Behalf Of Serafin
Coronel-Molina [scoronelmolina at gmail.com]
> Sent: 17 March 2010 11:32
> To: Language Policy List
> Subject: Re: [lg policy] PhD. Programs
> 
> Dear Colleagues:
> 
> Greetings from Bloomington, Indiana. It would interesting and
necessary to compile a list of Master or/and Ph.D. Programs in Language
Policy and Planning in the United States and around the world. I have
not found any program in the US. In my opinion, LPP is such a huge field
of study that needs to have its own program at universities. Just a
thought.
> 
> Best regards,
> 
> Serafin
> 
> Serafin M. Coronel-Molina
> Assistant Professor of Language Education
> Indiana University, Bloomington
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 6:22 AM, Christopher Kennedy
<C.J.KENNEDY at bham.ac.uk<mailto:C.J.KENNEDY at bham.ac.uk>> wrote:
> Richard
> Same as Joe
> We offer MA with options in language policy
> PhD both campus and distance modes with language policy a supervision
topic
> Best
> Chris
> 
> Chris Kennedy
> CELS
> University of Birmingham
> UK
> ________________________________
> From:
lgpolicy-list-bounces at groups.sas.upenn.edu<mailto:lgpolicy-list-bounces@
groups.sas.upenn.edu>
[lgpolicy-list-bounces at groups.sas.upenn.edu<mailto:lgpolicy-list-bounces
@groups.sas.upenn.edu>] On Behalf Of Joseph Lo Bianco
[j.lobianco at unimelb.edu.au<mailto:j.lobianco at unimelb.edu.au>]
> Sent: 16 March 2010 03:30
> To: Language Policy List
> Subject: RE: [lg policy] PhD. Programs
> 
> Richard
> 
> We don't have 'graduate programs' offering PhD's in the taught mode
used in North America. We have a thesis only program over 3 years full
time, 6 years part time. Here at Melbourne there are Masters level
subjects on language planning (I am teaching one this evening in fact)
but for PhD studies we have students enrolled under supervision doing
theses on various language planning themes, either wholly or in part.
For example, among my PhD students at present one is doing her PhD on
language planning in education in East Timor, another on Cambodia and
the effects of foreign assistance on language choices, one each on
Malaysia and China.
> 
> I hope this is of some use. Joe
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> NEW BOOKS
> Lo Bianco, Orton and Gao, (2009), China and English: Globalisation and
Dilemmas of Identity. UK: Multilingual Matters
> 
> Lo Bianco, J. (2009), Second Languages and Australian Schooling.
Australian Council for Educational Research
> ********************************************
> Joseph Lo Bianco, AM, FAHA, FACE
> Professor of Language and Literacy Education
> Associate Dean (Global Engagement)
> President, Australian Academy of the Humanities
> Melbourne Graduate School of Education
> The University of Melbourne, Parkville, 3010 VIC Australia
> Tel: +613 8344 8346
> Fax:+613 8344 8612
> MOB: 0407 798 978
> EMAIL: j.lobianco at unimelb.edu.au<mailto:j.lobianco at unimelb.edu.au>
> ******************************************************
> ________________________________
> From:
lgpolicy-list-bounces+j.lobianco=unimelb.edu.au<http://unimelb.edu.au/>@
groups.sas.upenn.edu<http://groups.sas.upenn.edu/>
[mailto:lgpolicy-list-bounces+j.lobianco<mailto:lgpolicy-list-bounces%2B
j.lobianco>=unimelb.edu.au<http://unimelb.edu.au/>@groups.sas.upenn.edu<
http://groups.sas.upenn.edu/>] On Behalf Of Weiner, Richard
> Sent: Tuesday, 16 March 2010 2:20 PM
> To:
lgpolicy-list at groups.sas.upenn.edu<mailto:lgpolicy-list at groups.sas.upenn
.edu>
> Subject: [lg policy] PhD. Programs
> 
> All:
> 
> What graduate schools offer a PhD. in Language Policy and Planning?
> 
> Best regards,
> 
> Richard E. Weiner
> Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
> 200 South Sixth Street, Suite 4000
> Minneapolis, Minnesota 55402-1425
> USA
> Direct Dial: +1.612.492.7009
> Main Phone: +1.612.492.7000
> Fax: +1.612.492.7077
> 
> **This is a transmission from the law firm of Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
and may contain information which is privileged, confidential, and
protected by the attorney-client or attorney work product privileges. If
you are not the addressee, note that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If
you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and
notify us immediately at our telephone number +1.612.492.7000. The name
and biographical data provided above are for informational purposes only
and are not intended to be a signature or other indication of an intent
by the sender to authenticate the contents of this electronic message.**
> 
> _______________________________________________
> This message came to you by way of the lgpolicy-list mailing list
>
lgpolicy-list at groups.sas.upenn.edu<mailto:lgpolicy-list at groups.sas.upenn
.edu>
> To manage your subscription unsubscribe, or arrange digest format:
https://groups.sas.upenn.edu/mailman/listinfo/lgpolicy-list
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> This message came to you by way of the lgpolicy-list mailing list
> lgpolicy-list at groups.sas.upenn.edu
> To manage your subscription unsubscribe, or arrange digest format:
https://groups.sas.upenn.edu/mailman/listinfo/lgpolicy-list


________________________________

Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.
<http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/210850553/direct/01/>  
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/lgpolicy-list/attachments/20100318/0db7117e/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
_______________________________________________
This message came to you by way of the lgpolicy-list mailing list
lgpolicy-list at groups.sas.upenn.edu
To manage your subscription unsubscribe, or arrange digest format: https://groups.sas.upenn.edu/mailman/listinfo/lgpolicy-list


More information about the Lgpolicy-list mailing list