[lg policy] PhD. Programs

Serafin Coronel-Molina scoronelmolina at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 20 15:28:11 UTC 2010

Francis,

Thank you for the list!  Here are more to add to the list you provided:

University of Aberdeen
http://abdn.ac.uk/prospectus/pgrad/study/taught.php?code=lang_policy

http://abdn.ac.uk/sras/leaflets/pgrad/lang_policy.pdf

University of Glasgow
http://www.findamasters.com/search/showcourse.asp?cour_id=15928

Indiana University, Department of Literacy, Culture, and Language Education.
(Serafin M. Coronel-Molina).
http://education.indiana.edu/Default.aspx?alias=education.indiana.edu/langed
We offer Language Policy and Planning courses (onsite and online) for Master
and Ph.D. students. We have several students working on Language Policy and
Planning around the world. We also pay close attention to Language and
Culture Revitalization through our well-established Minority Languages and
Cultures of Latin America Program http://www.indiana.edu/~mlcp/index.php

Brifysgol Bangor University
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/so/listcourses_pg.php.en?view=course&prospectustype=postgraduate&courseid=461&subjectarea=37

University of Hawai'i, Department of Second Language Studies
http://www.hawaii.edu/sls/?link=view_handbook&section=11

Departmet of Applied Linguistics, Penn State
http://aplng.la.psu.edu/people/MAstudents.php

This is a nice list already on the LP website, I think
http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/plc/clpp/members.html

There are many universities around the world that offer Language Policy and
Planning courses such as
 Univeristy of California at Berkeley; UCLA, Roehampton University, London;
Reading University, etc. etc. However, I think we need to create more Master
and Ph.D. Programs in Language Policy and Planning from interdisciplinary
perspective, especially in the United States. The University of Aberdeen and
the University of Glasgow are good examples to follow.

Best,

Serafin

Serafin M. Coronel-Molina
Assistant Professor of Language Education
Department of Literacy, Culture, and Language Education
Indiana University, Bloomington