[lg policy] PhD. Programs

Weiner, Richard rweiner at FREDLAW.COM
Sat Mar 20 20:19:53 UTC 2010

All:

Please post all of the graduate programs around the world that offer a Master's degree or a PhD. degree with a specialization in Language Policy and Planning, and I will compile a complete list and post it on our website.

Thank you and best regards,

Richard E. Weiner
Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
200 South Sixth Street, Suite 4000
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55402-1425
USA
Direct Dial: +1.612.492.7009
Main Phone: +1.612.492.7000
Fax: +1.612.492.7077

**This is a transmission from the law firm of Fredrikson & Byron, P.A. and may contain information which is privileged, confidential, and protected by the attorney-client or attorney work product privileges. If you are not the addressee, note that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and notify us immediately at our telephone number +1.612.492.7000. The name and biographical data provided above are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a signature or other indication of an intent by the sender to authenticate the contents of this electronic message.**

________________________________

From: lgpolicy-list-bounces at groups.sas.upenn.edu on behalf of Serafin Coronel-Molina
Sent: Sat 3/20/2010 1:02 PM
To: Language Policy List
Subject: Re: [lg policy] PhD. Programs

Perhaps, each member of the Consortium for LPP can help us compile a list of LPP programs around the world.

Just a thought,

Serafin

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Janelle Johnson <janellemjohnson at hotmail.com> wrote:

	Hi all,

	I have to add the University of Arizona to the list, http://coe.arizona.edu/tls/lrc/focus#planning, working with Richard Ruiz.

	Janelle Johnson

	Doctoral Candidate
	Language, Reading & Culture
	The University of Arizona

	Program Coordinator
	Western Hemisphere Institute
	http://www.itd-amherst.org/?p=whi <http://www.itd-amherst.org/?p=whi>

________________________________

	Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 11:28:11 -0400

	From: scoronelmolina at gmail.com

	To: lgpolicy-list at groups.sas.upenn.edu

	Francis,

	Thank you for the list!  Here are more to add to the list you provided:

	University of Aberdeen
	http://abdn.ac.uk/prospectus/pgrad/study/taught.php?code=lang_policy

	http://abdn.ac.uk/sras/leaflets/pgrad/lang_policy.pdf

	University of Glasgow
	http://www.findamasters.com/search/showcourse.asp?cour_id=15928

	Indiana University, Department of Literacy, Culture, and Language Education. (Serafin M. Coronel-Molina).
	http://education.indiana.edu/Default.aspx?alias=education.indiana.edu/langed
	We offer Language Policy and Planning courses (onsite and online) for Master and Ph.D. students. We have several students working on Language Policy and Planning around the world. We also pay close attention to Language and Culture Revitalization through our well-established Minority Languages and Cultures of Latin America Program http://www.indiana.edu/~mlcp/index.php

	Brifysgol Bangor University
	http://www.bangor.ac.uk/so/listcourses_pg.php.en?view=course&prospectustype=postgraduate&courseid=461&subjectarea=37

	University of Hawai'i, Department of Second Language Studies
	http://www.hawaii.edu/sls/?link=view_handbook&section=11

	Departmet of Applied Linguistics, Penn State
	http://aplng.la.psu.edu/people/MAstudents.php

	This is a nice list already on the LP website, I think
	http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/plc/clpp/members.html

	There are many universities around the world that offer Language Policy and Planning courses such as
	Univeristy of California at Berkeley; UCLA, Roehampton University, London; Reading University, etc. etc. However, I think we need to create more Master and Ph.D. Programs in Language Policy and Planning from interdisciplinary perspective, especially in the United States. The University of Aberdeen and the University of Glasgow are good examples to follow.

	Best,

	Serafin

	Serafin M. Coronel-Molina
	Assistant Professor of Language Education
	Department of Literacy, Culture, and Language Education
	Indiana University, Bloomington