[lg policy] Congratulatory notes for Joshua Fishman

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 23 19:21:44 UTC 2010

Forwarded  From: Ofelia Garcia <ogarcia at gc.cuny.edu>
Date: 2010/9/21
Subject: Congratulatory notes for Joshua Fishman

Dear colleagues,

I'm writing to let you know that Joshua Fishman will be honored by the
Royal Academy of the Basque Language  on October 3, 2010. A Basque
delegation will be coming to NY to grant him honorary membership. I
wanted to let all of you know because at this time he needs his
friends and colleagues more than ever, and I thought you should know
and share in his joy. I know that many of you will be writing to him
directly. But if you would like me to read your words at the event
(which will be held in his home,) it would be good if you copied me.
Please let others know about this and encourage them to send notes.
Gratefully,
Ofelia

--
Ofelia García
Professor
ogarcia at gc.cuny.edu
Web Page: http://web.gc.cuny.edu/urbaneducation/garcia/index.htm

 A copy of this may be forwarded to this list as well.  (H. Schiffman,
Moderator)