[lg policy] National Language Service Corps

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 4 15:51:57 UTC 2011

All,

I recently found this message on my desktop, and realized that I had
intended to send it to
the whole list.  If you are interested in this, go to http://www.nlscorps.org/

National Language Service Corps Opportunities

The National Language Service Corps is a public civilian organization
made up of on-call multilingual volunteers, willing to offer our diverse
language skills to help our communities and government agencies. As a
first-of-its kind organization, the NLSC signifies a vital new approach to
addressing the nation's need for involving people with fluent language
skills. The goal of the NLSC is to provide and maintain a readily-available
civilian corps of individuals certified in English and all other languages*.

To find out more or apply please visit our web site at:
http://www.nlscorps.org/

*Although we are currently accepting all languages, we are concentrating on
Spanish, French, Korean, Russian, Vietnamese, Khmer, Croatian, Haitian
Creole, Lao, and Thai.

NB:  I tried accessing the site at the url they give (nlscorps.org)
but it didn't work.
So I googled "National Language Service Corps Opportunities" and found their
website

 A copy of this may be forwarded to this list as well.  (H. Schiffman,
Moderator)