[lg policy] Opposition announces indefinite protest against language bill all over Ukraine

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 6 14:46:48 UTC 2012

Opposition announces indefinite protest against language bill all over Ukraine

14:10

The opposition political forces will hold an indefinite protest
against the adoption of a bill on the principles of the state language
policy all over Ukraine.

"Our colleagues are putting up agitation tents and we will announce an
indefinite protest. Speaking about the number of people that will join
the protest, this question should be asked of every citizen," First
Deputy Head of the Batkivschyna Party Oleksandr Turchynov said at a
briefing on Tuesday.

"I am saying once again that the protest will not be limited in time
and it will be held in all regional centers and in all regions,"
Turchynov said.

In turn, Leader of the Front for Change Party Arseniy Yatseniuk said
that the opposition parties tried to put up tents, but Berkut special
police officers beat their activists.

"The final plan of the action is the following – the action is
indefinite. We are selecting additional places to put up tents. We
will agitate our European friends so that they can learn at least a
couple of Ukrainian words," Yatseniuk said.

http://www.interfax.com.ua/eng/main/106558/

 A copy of this may be forwarded to this list as well.  (H. Schiffman,
Moderator)