[lg policy] European processing camps - linguistic aspect?

Lois Feuerle LoisMarieFeuerle at cs.com
Tue Sep 1 10:07:38 UTC 2015

Dear Yael,

As the former Coordinator of Interpreting Services for the court system of the State of New York and then for the State of Oregon, I am sure that providing an adequate number of skilled interpreters must be a huge problem, as well as providing good translations of the forms and instructions that are needed to process the entry of the refugees.

Even with lead time and small numbers there were times when this could be a challenge to the courts, especially in the case of certain languages, e.g., in the case of non-Spanish-speaking speakers of the indigenous languages of Mexico and Central America.

I will be interested in following your researches in this topic.

Best regards,

Lois

Lois M. Feuerle, Ph.D., JD
Chair, Honors & Awards Committee, American Translators Association
ATA-certified Translator (German > English)
IMF-approved Translator (German > English)
3036 SE Taylor Street
Portland, OR 97214
(503) 236-5593 (O)
(503) 502-3897 (C)