[lg policy] BAAL Language in Africa Conference 11th May - Registration deadline 30th April

Colin Reilly c.reilly.1 at research.gla.ac.uk
Sun Apr 29 18:36:51 UTC 2018

Dear Colleagues,

I'm very excited to share the draft programme for the upcoming annual BAAL Language in Africa SIG conference which will be held on the 11th of May at SOAS, University of London. The programme can be accessed on our website here<https://liasig.wordpress.com/programme-2018/>.

This year's conference theme is African Languages in Public Spaces: Opportunities and Challenges. We have an exciting range of speakers who will be discussing language in Africa across a number of countries including: South Africa, Malawi, Uganda, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Sudan, Algeria and Egypt.

We are also delighted to welcome Professor Leketi Makalela as our plenary speaker who will deliver his talk 'Re-imagining multilingualism as a cultural competence in Africa: leaking boundaries, ubuntu and multilanguaging in public spaces'.

You can register for the conference here<https://liasig.wordpress.com/registration/>. The registration deadline for the conference is 30th April.

Hope to see you there!

Best wishes,
Colin

Colin Reilly
PhD Student
English Language and Linguistics
School of Critical Studies
University of Glasgow

Secretary
Language in Africa Special Interest Group
British Association for Applied Linguistics
@colinfreilly