[lg policy] FYROM: We regret if his comments were understood in any other way says Gov

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 16:17:44 UTC 2018

 FYROM: We regret if his comments were understood in any other way says Gov
By Spiros Sideris <https://balkaneu.com/users/20> / Published on:
04-12-2018, 15:15
[image: FYROM: We regret if his comments were understood in any other way
says Gov]
With a new official information, the fYRO Macedonian government regrets if
its comments were understood in any other way.

The official announcement:

“We are strongly committed to full implementation of Prespa agreement, and
all of our actions and statements are made in good faith to support the
agreement.

As a country that aspires to join the EU, we understand that countries take
care of their own citizens and countries in the Balkans do not intefere in
neighboring countries on any given issue.

We want to underline article 4(3) of the Prespa agreement that we commit
not to interfere in the internal affairs of Greece, including for the
protection of rights of any persons that are not our citizens.

In that sence, it is understood that language policies in both countries
are not determined by the Prespa agreement.

We understand and respect that the question of what languages are taught in
Greece is an issue of internal affairs and domestic policy.

PM Zaev is fully committed to a policy approach that brings European values
in the Balkan region and is committed to improving good neighborly
relations. We regret if his comments were understood in any other way”.*/IBNA
<http://www.balkaneu.com>*

Email:  haroldfs at gmail.com