[lg policy] (no subject)

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 16:12:13 UTC 2019

Vairamuthu: I will release my next book after keeping it at MK’s feet
tnn | Jan 7, 2019, 00:19 IST
2
Tirupur: Lyricist Vairamuthu said he will release his next book after
keeping it at the feet (memorial) of the late chief minister M Karunanidhi.

The lyricist delivered a speech on the late poet ‘Kaviko’ S Abdur Rahman in
the city on Sunday, as part of ‘Tamizhattrupadai’ series. Vairamuthu has
conducted research on various personalities, including seventh century poet
Andal.

While speaking at the event, DMK MP Kanimozhi said Tamizhattrupadai series
will be the first book of the national award-winning lyricist post demise
of her father Karunanidhi. Recalling her statement, Vairamuthu, in broken
voice, said, “Yes, it will be my first book release without the presence of
Kalaignar (Karunanidhi). But I will first keep the book on his feet before
its release.”

“I was literally blown away when Kanimozhi said that Karunanidhi loved me
more than his children,” he said.

Vairamuthu urged all the political parties in the state to have a separate
topic on development of Tamil in their election manifesto, and announce
their language policy, in the upcoming elections. “We may reach a point,
where Tamil could become one of the languages which are only-spoken (not
having presence in literature), like Sanskrit and Hebrew. The present
generation, which does not show much interest in the language, should wake
up. The government should bring in new legislation like the ones brought
for plastic ban,” he said. tnn

Email:  haroldfs at gmail.com