Linguistic Anthropology Digest V1 #1029

Gross, Joan Jgross at orst.edu
Mon Mar 31 18:57:05 UTC 2003

I just got a copy of Collateral Language that was suggested earlier on this list and it looks very good - focus on Afghanistan, but also war in general. Also the article by Amy Kaplan "Homeland Insecurities: Reflections on Language and Space" in Radical History Review Winter 2003, I successfully used in class last term. Then there's  Elizabeth Fernea's early Iraqi ethnography Guests of the Sheik.

Joan Gross