Let's introduce ourselves!

Leila Monaghan monaghan at indiana.edu
Wed Nov 9 20:37:21 UTC 2005

The anthropology meetings are coming once again and I realized that it has
been a long time since we introduced ourselves on this board and that it might
be nice to have short bios to attach to name tags.

Also, is anybody willing to organize the ling anthro dinner this year?
Basically involves finding a restaurant somewhere near the hotel, making a
reservation and accepting RSVPs.

all best, Leila

My very brief bio:  I teach in the Department of Communication and Culture at
Indiana University, did my PhD at UCLA in linguistic anthropology, and work
with Deaf communities (particularly their international development), and do
work on literacy issues and on performance.  My next major project will be to
use conversation analysis transcripts to create an ethnographic theatre piece
on a family learning to read--I see it as Anna Deveare Smith with dialog.

--
Leila Monaghan, PhD
Department of Communication and Culture
monaghan at indiana.edu