[Linganth] start of a new academic year

Ilana Gershon imgershon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 13:55:00 UTC 2024

Dear Colleagues,
For many of us in the US, we are heading into the start of a new academic
year (others are lucky enough to have a few more months).  This is the
ninth year of the CaMP anthropology blog, and it wouldn't exist with all of
you  -- conducting author interviews, or helping me find people to conduct
author interviews, and so on. I am just so grateful to our community.

As you put together syllabi, or begin to mentor new postdocs and other new
members of our community, please consider urging people to participate in
the blog.  Some of you have turned conducting a CaMP author interview into
an assignment in graduate courses, which has been such a boon for the
blog.  I am hoping more of you will consider doing this.

For some reason, mysterious to me, fewer people are responding to my page
99 tests for the dissertation requests.  Please do urge recent Phds to
write one.  If it would help to offer an instrumental reason, I do know
that press editors sometimes look at page 99 posts to see if there are any
promising projects in the works.

And please do let me know if there are new books that you think should be
featured.

The best email to reach me at is: igershon at rice.edu

Again, my thanks to all of you for making this blog flourish,
Ilana