[Linganth] the 2024-2025 CaMP virtual reading group

Ilana Gershon imgershon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 14:06:00 UTC 2024

Dear Colleagues,
We are heading into a new year -- the CaMP reading group has been happening
since January 2018, six years and counting.

I thought you might like to know which authors we are featuring this year
in the reading group.  The group meets every Friday from noon to 1 pm US
east coast time by Zoom.  I will send around a Zoom link two weeks before
each meeting.
All are very welcome.

Best,
Ilana

*Fall 2025*

August 30th - Terra Edwards, *Going Tactile: Life at the limits of Language*

September 27th - Lynnette Arnold, *Living Together Across Borders*:
*Communicative
Care in Transnational Salvadoran Families*

October 25th - Mara Green, *Making Sense: Language, Ethnics and
Understanding in Deaf Nepal*

November 29th - Magnus Pharao Hansen, *Nahuatl Nation*s: *Language
Revitalization and Semiotic Sovereignty in Indigenous Mexico *

Spring 2025

January 31st - Meghanne Barker, *Throw Your Voice: Suspended Animations in
Kazakhstani Childhoods*

February 28 - Costas Nakassis, *Onscreen/Offscreen*

March 28 - Thea Strand, *A Winning Dialect*:* Reinventing Linguistic
Tradition in Rural Norway*

April 25 -Webb Keane, *Animals, Robots, Gods: Adventures in the Moral
Imagination*